Why join ESPA?
Membership in ESPA: A Strong Value Proposition!
The Event Service Professionals Association is the only professional association dedicated to advancing the professional development of ESMs and building the bottom lines of the facilities and CVBs they work for. The association delivers real value to its members and their facilities or bureaus by providing ESMs with numerous business-building educational opportunities and knowledge forums that advance their skills in relevant areas including:
- Meeting planner needs and expectations
- Strategies for partnering with sales
- New event technology and social media solutions
- Trends in interactivity, creativity and fresh thinking
- Sustainability practices
- Effective time management strategies
- Best practices in convention services… and more
Meetings industry surveys have repeatedly confirmed that meeting planners view their Event Service Managers (ESM) at facilities and CVBs as trusted and valued partners. This holds true not only for first-time meetings and events, but also in booking all-important repeat business. In 2014, ESPA conducted a poll of meeting planners and found:
- 71 percent of meeting planners said the quality of convention/event services greatly impacts whether they would bring their business back to the venue.
- 88 percent indicated the quality of service provided by event service professionals greatly affects their perception of a hotel, convention center or CVB.
- 81 percent indicated continuing education by event service professionals is extremely important to keep up with industry trends, compliance and best practices when it comes to servicing their meetings.
- 75 percent feel more comfortable and confident in an event service professional’s ability to service their event if they belong to a professional organization.
What will you receive as part of your membership?
Key Member Benefits
The Event Service Professionals Association is the only industry association geared specifically to the unique needs of Event Services Managers. We recognize and understand the day-to-day challenges Services professionals face; our programming is geared to help you achieve success, find solutions, and grow in your career. Here is what you can look for with an ESPA membership:
- ESPA Annual Conference, held each January in conjunction with PCMA, draws from the best speakers in the country, addressing the most timely issues for Event and Convention Services professionals
- Monthly continuing education programs from the convenience of your office, each offering CE Hours:
- Webinars - Online presentations from leading industry experts on topics you can put to use in your daily career as a Services professional
- Monthly ESPA event*ure - a member only e-newsletter with timely tips and association news
- Online ESPA membership directory, a listing of "Who's Who in Event and Convention Services"
- ESPA Article Archive from past newsletters, listed and searchable by subject
- Committee participation opportunities in areas of your interest (for more information on these committees, please visit Committees)
- Professional liaison, special cooperation and meeting programming with PCMA and other industry associations, including a reduced registration fee for one day of the PCMA Conference program
- Continuing Education Hours offered at all meetings and programs, including the monthly Webinars
- Job Bank to assist in career exploration and advancement
- Opportunities for professional contact with current and potential clients
- Join ESPA's Social Network Groups (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter) to communicate with other ESPA members
- ESPA Mentor Program which pairs junior and seasoned service managers together for cross collaboration and learning
- Monthy "Q&A with a Planner" series - giving service managers a glimpse into the thoughts of meeting planners
- Participation in National Celebrate Services Week events locally, giving you opportunities to network with others in your community
- And of course, the many benefits you get from networking with your fellow Services peers from across the US and Canada. Many friendships are made, which you can count on when in need of references, resources and career development.
Need Help Getting Management Approval for your Membership Dues?
Because it is often the sales team that is approved for association memberships and conference attendance, ESPA has put together a document that can help to convey to Executive management the real benefits of their event and convention services team receiving ongoing education. Services professionals are often the number one reason that planners repeat their business at a certain venue or city!
If you need assistance pitching the ESPA membership to your management, be sure to print out this document to help show the benefits of your
involvement in the association.
Check out our categories of membership
to find out what fits you best...